Allianz Global Assistance provides a variety of coverage benefits and protection for you. However, you need to be aware of several things while traveling. These hints will aid you if the need arises. The following is a brief list of items and issues that have come up with others during travel. Please be aware of these in order to be best prepared for your trip.
1. Take your “Certificate of Insurance Policy” with you. This has the phone number you would call in case of emergency. It also outlines what your policy may cover.
2. Take your “Confirmation of Purchase” and “Letter of Confirmation” with you. This has information that you may need if filing a claim. Items such as Confirmation #, coverage limits, coverage benefits and additional contact information are also included.
3. If receiving any medical treatment while on your trip, immediately call Allianz Global Assistance collect. They want to be involved from the beginning of your treatment.
4. Baggage Delay – while your policy may allow for compensation due to your luggage being delayed by your common carrier, please refer to your “Certificate of Insurance Guide” for coverage limits. Above all, keep any receipts for purchases made that you will be filing a claim on. Receipts must be supplied in order to ensure reimbursement from Allianz Global Assistance.
5. Travel Delay – if you have a flight or other type of delay, this may qualify for re-imbursement with Allianz Global Assistance. Refer to your “Certificate of Insurance Policy” for coverage information. Again, you must be able to provide receipts to Allianz Global Assistance in order to be refunded for any out of pocket expense. You also must have something from the airline stating the length and the cause of the delay. This needs to be acquired at the time of delay.
6. Luggage – if you have lost, stolen or damaged luggage, you may qualify for compensation with Allianz Travel. However, several issues are involved that you need to be aware of. If this happens while in the care of your airline, you must file a claim at the airport where the problem occurs. Do not wait till you get home or to the next airport. All claims must be filed at the airport in question. A copy of the claim will need to be provided to Allianz Global Assistance for additional compensation when applicable. Again, documentation is the key in order for Allianz Travel to justify your claim and process your request.
7. Theft – a police report must be filed at the location of the incident. This will then need to be provided to Allianz Global Assistance for proper compensation.
8. Filing claims with Allianz Global Assistance – please remember that Dehoney Travel is a Travel Agency, not an insurance agency. While we will assist in any way needed, we do not automatically know that you need additional information from us. Please contact Allianz Global Assistance first with any questions concerning any claims. Then, if you need additional information, contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Specific details on your coverage are listed on your “Confirmation of Purchase”, “Letter of Confirmation” and your “ Certificate of Insurance Policy”. This is just a small list of frequent issues and problems.
If you have more detailed questions, wish something explained further, or would like to purchase travel protection over the phone, please feel free to contact us at 800-325-6708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Insurance benefits underwritten by either BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company, depending on insured’s state of residence. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan.